Andre Ivanoff, PhD, Director of the Columbia DBT Training Program, with Marsha Linehan, Developer of Dialectical Behavior Therapy.
- André Ivanoff, PhD is a Professor at Columbia University in the City of New York where she directs the Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) Training Program and Lab and teaches in the School of Social Work. Since 2011 she has served as the Chair of the Board of Directors of the nonprofit Linehan Institute. The Linehan Institute’s mission is the dissemination and implementation of DBT. In this role, she also serves as the President of Behavioral Tech, the training company founded by Marsha Linehan. She is former Chair of the Columbia University Social & Behavioral Institutional Review Board (Human Subjects’ Protections) Her research and clinical interests include the training of DBT in academic and post-graduate settings across mental health disciplines, development of DBT skills-based suicide & crisis prevention methods, and the general application of DBT to the problems of those involved in the criminal justice system. She has authored over 70 publications on suicidal behaviors, DBT, and behavior change methods, and trains internationally and nationally with outpatient, inpatient and correctional/forensic systems implementing DBT.
- Associate Director
- Mary Sormanti, PhD, MS, MSW is Professor of Professional Practice at Columbia School of Social Work. She has developed a body of clinical and community-based work focusing on therapeutic responses to the traumas associated with terminal illness, bereavement, intimate partner violence, and disaster. Dr. Sormanti is a senior educational partner at the Center for Complicated Grief, where she organizes the field placement program, supervises MSW interns, and participates in research and educational projects. She teaches a course in narrative medicine through the School of Professional Studies.
- Michael Bodtmann, LCSW
- Lyndsi Bodtmann, PsyD
- Maddie Bart
- Brandon Weiss, PhD
- Kitama Cahill-Jackson, LMSW
Collaborators & Affiliates
- Henry Schmidt, PhD — Behavioral Affiliates, Inc., Program Affiliate, Seattle, WA
- Suhadee (Sue) Henriquez, LCSW– Multi-Cultural DBT, New York
- Matthew Mandelbaum, PhD, MSed, MA, Independent Practice
- Sarah Reynolds, Ph.D — Independent Practice, Adjunct Associate Professor
- Marsha M. Linehan, PhD ABPP — Director Emeritus, Behavior Therapy and Research Clinics, Professor Emeritus of Psychology, Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences