COMPASS RESEARCH DIRECTOR
Compass Behavioral Health was the first DBT-Linehan Board of Certification, Certified Program™, in California. Achieving this certification was a rigorous process that ensured our families were receiving the “gold-standard” in DBT treatment and care with clients and values the many talents and abilities of its employees.
- Our mission is to increase affordable access to DBT services for youth ages 7-24 while building a community among our team and families to support stronger treatment outcomes. We value a multi-disciplinary, culturally competent team committed to leading-edge clinical training and on-going research.
- We are committed to clinical excellence, quality assurance, and accountability to our families for measurable treatment outcomes and dissemination of evidenced-based treatments to the larger Southern California community.
Compass Behavioral Health is recruiting for a full-time salaried Research Director.
- The salary range is highly competitive and based on experience.
- We offer health insurance (family medical, dental, and vision coverage) and cover 90% of the employee insurance premium.
- We also offer a retirement savings plan(401k) and contribute 10% of matching funds.
- We offer 3 weeks of PTO and gym reimbursement up to $200 monthly.
- Our clinic highly values team playfulness, cohesiveness, and life balance!
- A Doctorate in Psychology or in Marriage & Family Therapy
- An active license either the California Board of Psychology or Board of Behavioral Science OR willing to obtain one upon hire
- Previous Research Experience
- Competency in SPSS
- Must have a passion for working with adolescents in a team model.
Research Study Summary:
- Compass’ Research Director will be the on-site co-investigator on a Duke IRB- approved study under primary investigators Dr. Noga Zerubavel and Dr. Clive Robins.
- Protocol Title:An Exploration of the Relationships Among Emotion Dysregulation, Identity Dysregulation, and Treatment Utilization: Does Increased Mastery Contribute to Behavior Change for Adolescents and Young Adults with Borderline Personality Disorder Traits?
- Purpose of the Study:The purpose of the present study is to investigate treatment targets (behavioral dysregulation, emotion dysregulation, interpersonal dysregulation, cognitive dysregulation, and identity dysregulation) and treatment components (individual therapy, skills-focused group therapy, phone coaching, skills coaching, clinic milieu time, and family therapy) that may contribute to positive therapy outcomes for adolescents and young adults with borderline personality disorder (BPD) traits. The primary aims of the present study are: 1) to better understand which factors should be most heavily targeted during treatment; 2) to identify which treatment components are most strongly associated with positive outcomes; and 3) to develop a model that will allow for hypothesized causal mechanisms of change to be tested via future research.
Compass Behavioral Health is in the heart of Orange County located in Tustin, CA. This is a great place to work because, Tustin is centrally located in Orange County, 30 minutes from beautiful beaches, and 60 minutes from mountains and skiing. Compass is also located in desirable Old Town Tustin with ample dining options for a lunch out, and a great place to live if looking to relocate.
Professional Development Benefits at Compass:
- Experience & training working at a DBT-LBC, Certified Program™
- Compass requires DBT-LBC certification for all clinicians and has a built-in support to walk you through all steps, including reimbursement of all certification fees.
- DBT-LBC Certified Team Lead and DBT-LBC Coder – available to review your DBT Case Conceptualizations and Videos for DBT Adherence and feedback.
- Expert Consultation monthly with a BTECH Expert DBT Trainer
- Comprehensive DBT Program, including clinical support from Family Connections program (free evidenced based 12-week class for parents), and individual DBT Skills Coaching (free skills coaching and behavioral rehearsing by our clinical interns in training), Multi-Family Groups, Advanced DBT Groups, along with Standard DBT Skills Training Groups
- Study Clinician at Performance Site for Duke University research on the treatment of pervasive emotional dysregulation and identity dysregulation in teens & young adults under Primary Investigator Dr. Clive Robins, Professor Emeritus & BTECH Trainer. Program Clinicians will have an opportunity to be listed as co-investigators and participate in meaningful research & program efficacy evaluation.
- Compass is a DBT Comprehensive Training Rotation for UCI’s Child & Adolescent Psychiatry second year fellows. DBT-LBC Certified Clinicians at Compass will have the opportunity to teach DBT in Didactics to the student doctors and oversee their clinical training in DBT.
- As continuing education providers for LCSW, LMFT, LPCC & Psychologists, all Compass Clinicians will earn up to 100 CEUs annually while getting paid! Ongoing training in evidenced based treatments is a clinic core value. Examples of previous Compass trainings provided to Compass Clinicians:
- DBT-PE Intensive with Melania, Harned, Ph.D.
- DBT-C Intensive with Francheska Perepletchikova, Ph.D.
- DBT-A: When to Adapt versus Adopt with Alec Miller, Psy.D.
- DBT Strategies for Treating Multi-Problem Adolescents, Young Adults, and their Families with Alec Miller, Psy.D.
- Optimizing Teams Full Day Team Building with Ronda Reitz, Ph.D.
- OCD Treatment Exposure Response Prevention with Jonathan Abramowitz, Ph.D.
- DBT Case Conceptualization Training with Shari Manning, Ph.D.
- MAPS- A (Mastery of Anxiety & Panic – Adolescents) with BTECH
- Family Connections Facilitator Training with Alan Fruzzetti, Ph.D.
- Opportunity for growth and development within the company (Compass will be launching a residential program in 2021 to provide a continuum of care from Outpatient, Intensive Outpatient, through Residential)
- Opportunity for Stage 2 work and company paid DBT PE Intensive Training with Dr. Melanie Harned (Dr. Harned provides individual and team consultation to complex PTSD cases here at Compass).
- Compass is willing to assist with re-location fees and covering the costs of obtaining a CA license
- Compass and all assets (we own our commercial and residential buildings) are in a Compass Employee Trust embodying our value that we are stronger together and in this together
- Compass is slated to be a Columbia University School of Social Work Field placement site – embodying one of our core values of training the next generation of clinicians in effective treatment