From the Office of Faculty Diversity and Inclusion:
As part of the University’s continued commitment to nurturing a climate where current, new, and future faculty can thrive, Columbia has joined the National Center for Faculty Development & Diversity (NCFDD).
The NCFDD is an independent professional development, training, and mentoring community of faculty, postdocs, and graduate students from over 450 colleges and universities. They provide a variety of virtual programs and resources including:
- Weekly Monday Motivator
- Monthly Core Curriculum Webinars
- Monthly Guest Expert Webinars
- Access to Multi-Week Courses
- Access to Dissertation Success Curriculum for graduate students
- Private Discussion Forum for peer-mentoring, problem-solving, & moderated writing challenges
- Monthly accountability buddy matches
- Access to 14-Day Writing Challenges
- Access to the Member Library that includes past webinar materials, referrals, and readings
The Institutional Membership includes access to NCFDD resources for ALL Columbia faculty, graduate students and postdocs.
- To claim your free membership, complete the following steps:
- Go to the National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity website (http://www.facultydiversity.org/).
- Select the “Become a Member” tab and choose “Claim Your Institutional Membership.”
- Within the list of universities, click on “Columbia University.”
- Complete the registration form by following all instructions. Be sure to provide your Columbia email address.
- Once you have submitted your registration information and NCFDD has approved your connection to Columbia, you should receive a welcome email.
If you have any questions about Columbia’s institutional membership, please contact Shana Lassiter (Assistant Provost for Faculty Diversity and Inclusion) at [email protected].
Additional information, including a calendar of upcoming NCFDD events, can also be found at https://provost.columbia.edu/content/national-center-faculty-development-and-diversity-ncfdd.
If you have any technical questions, please email NCFDD at [email protected].