Join Dr. Irwin (Irv) Garfinkel and policy faculty for two separate events addressing the social policy implications of the midterm elections.
- Facebook LIVE with Dr. Irwin (Irv) Garfinkel: 11:30 am – 12:00 pm
In this week’s Social Work LIVE program, Michael Friedman interviews Dr. Irwin Garfinkel, CSSW’s interim dean, on the social policy implications of the mid-term elections. Tune in remotely on Columbia School of Social Work’s Facebook page. This is the third in a new weekly “Social Work LIVE” series hosted by Professor Michael Friedman. Tune in every Wednesday at noon for a lively conversation on a social work topic championed by one of our in-house experts.
- Panel Discussion with CSSW Policy Faculty: 12:15 pm – 1:45 pm
Attend this panel (Social Work Building, Room C03; also live-streamed) to hear CSSW’s policy faculty discuss the likely impact of the election results on the areas they cover.
About the Panel
Panelists and their topics:
- Chris Wimer (bio): SNAP and people in poverty
- Neeraj Kaushal (bio): immigration
- Heidi Allen (bio): Healthcare and ACA
- Ron Mincy (bio): Taxes and poverty
- John Robertson (bio): Community organizing
Questions? Please contact email@example.com.