International Students are strongly encouraged to visit the International Students and Scholars Office (ISSO), an office dedicated to supporting all international students throughout their journey at Columbia School of Social Work, including around employment rules and regulations.
See the links below for relevant news, resources, and information:
- Resources for New Students
- On-campus work | Opportunities on campus
- Unpaid internships and volunteering (not related to field placement)
- Job search guide
- Employment at international organizations
- OPT (Optional Practical Training) after your program
OPT is a benefit and extension of F-1 student status that permits you to remain in the U.S. after you complete your academic program with permission to work in your field of study.
- News and Events
- Contact Information
The ISSO is working remotely in accordance with university policy.
- Email (preferred): [email protected] | Phone (recording): 212-854-3587
- Virtual appointment: Book here | Tuesday and Thursday, 10:00 AM – 3:30 PM ET
Use this option to discuss a specific question with an adviser. Appointments are limited and booked 24 hours in advance. Make sure to check their site for the most up-to-date schedule.
- Location: 524 Riverside Drive, International House North, 1st Floor, New York, NY, 10027 (Get directions)
GoinGlobal is an additional, paid subscription resource that can be used to research employers that have historically hired international candidates in the U.S.
To access GoinGlobal for free, click on the GoinGlobal icon on the Career Connect Dashboard. Alumni can access the site on Columbia Alumni Association’s GoinGlobal Career Portal.
To learn more about the site’s features and resources, take a look at their user training schedule.