VNS Health is hosting an online interview event on Tuesday, July 19th. Register for one of the limited time slots between 2:30pm to 4:00pm. Additional details and pre-registration (required) can be found here.
Last week, our office sponsored a panel discussion with VNSNY and their community mental health professionals to learn about their career paths and what led them to this work.
If you missed the session, here are some key takeaways:
- Meet and build relationships with folx in the field, because networking is still one of the most effective ways to land opportunities.
- Seek mentors and supervisors who are invested in your development. Surrounding yourself with a strong support system is key to growing and advancing in an organization.
- Take risks by being open to new opportunities or exploring new paths—these experiences can help you build career agility, find meaningful work, and expand your professional network.
- Take ownership of the job you have right now; it will not only help you build character and skill sets for your current role, it will also prepare you for future ones.
- Make sure to prioritize self-care. When interviewing, ask questions about initiatives that are in place to support the well-being of employees and the agency as a whole.
Thanks to those who attended, as well as to our speakers Jessica Aitken, Natasha Anderson, Deborah Cho ’15, Sabrina Machuca, and Echelle Norman, and Keith Peters and Leah Blumberg for collaborating with us on this event!
You can find the presentation slides and speakers’ contact information in Career Connect within our Document Library under the Employer Events / Information Sessions folder.
- Licensed Professional Social Worker (LMSW, LCSW) – Full-time, Part-time
- Licensed Therapist (LMFT, LMHC) – Full-time, Part-time
- Social Work Supervisor – Full-time
- Program Manager – Full-time
- Mental Health Specialist II – Full-time
- Care Manager – Full-time
They will be hiring for the following locations
- All locations in the surrounding area of the event location
- Master’s degree in Social Work and current registration to practice as a Licensed Social Worker.
- Minimum of one year as a social service, mental health and/or substance abuse service provider
- Bilingual skills may be required, as determined by operational needs.
- (Mental Health Specialist II role) Master’s Degree Counseling, or related degree required.
- Minimum one year of social work experience in a mental health or social service setting.
- (Care Manager role) Bachelor’s degree in a human services or related field required
How to prepare
Completing our online application prior to the event is strongly encouraged and will speed up the process. Please bring Resume and one form of a photo ID. with you to the event.
What to wear
Dress code is Business casual (dress pants/skirt, button down/blouse, optional tie).
How to get to the event
220 East 42 Street is located between 2nd and 3rd Avenues (near Grand Central Station). It is the former Daily News Building. There is a very large world globe in the lobby. Bring a photo ID to provide to lobby security in order to obtain a guest pass.
About Visiting Nurse Service of New York
For generations, New Yorkers have relied on the Visiting Nurse Service of New York for home care. Throughout their history, VNSNY has responded with vision and purpose on behalf of those who need their care. Their founder, Lillian Wald, was guided by her steadfast belief that the health and well-being of her patients and their families depended on the connections forged in healthy communities.
Today, VNSNY remains committed to its mission to improve the health and well-being of people through high-quality, cost effective healthcare in the home and community. Their offerings encompass preventive health measures, chronic disease management, and care coordination, so that individuals who require care—those who are recovering, disabled, chronically ill, or in need of assistance that cannot be provided by friends or family members—can remain in their homes and communities, safely and independently.
Their community of professionals work in a collaborative culture powered by a spirited passion for the work they do.
- Snacks and refreshments
- Meet and speak with VNSNY Social Workers
- Hiring Managers
- Social Work Managers
- Recruitment and Benefits Specialists
What is a Hiring Event?
Think of it like a job fair, but for one company and more personal. Hiring events are a great way for employers to fill multiple roles quickly. Hiring is a human process, and they would like to meet you to see if you’re a fit!