We know that the job search process can feel even more stressful as we cope with the uncertainty that comes with the impact of COVID-19.
While many organizations are focusing on their own operations, needs, and services during this time, one thing to remember is that the fundamentals of job searching are still relevant.
This includes actively searching for opportunities, particularly through your existing network, engaging in virtual community forums or social media platforms like LinkedIn to increase your visibility, and proactively seeking advice from professionals in the space on how to best position yourself for target roles.
There are also employers that are still actively hiring, including those focused on addressing current public health needs.
For additional insights on strategizing your search, check out the following articles.
- How Will Coronavirus Affect Your Job Search in 2020? (Vault)
- COVID-19 and Your Job: Tips and Actions to Consider (Indeed)
- 9 Job Search Tips for International Students in the Age of Coronavirus (Vault)
- What Does the Coronavirus Pandemic Mean for Your Job Search? (Muse)
- Job Market Insights and Job Search Strategies from Experts (Cultivated Culture)