The LGBTQ Institute for Family Therapy (LIFT) at The LGBT Community Center is now accepting applications! Spots are currently open for the next two cohorts starting in January 2019 and April 2019. Please encourage your staff to apply here – the extended deadline to apply is December 19th.
LIFT is an exciting, completely free opportunity to gain additional knowledge in order to help create and sustain affirming homes for LGBTQ youth. Staff members who are currently working with families or supervising staff members working with families are great candidates. Individuals with an LMSW or LCSW are eligible for certification from The Center and up to 54 CEU credits. Individuals without a license, or another license such as an LMFT or LMHC, are still eligible for certification from The Center and are encouraged to apply.
- Is the first and only LGBTQ specific family therapy certification program in the greater New York City area
- Meets the needs of clinicians who work with families involved with ACS across the five boroughs
- Offered over either a six-month period (meets for one full day training session and one half day clinical coaching session each month) or three-month period (meets for one full day training session and one half day clinical coaching session each month with independent work completed between sessions)
- Confers 54 CEU credits for LMSWs and LCSWs upon completion
- May be used in lieu of current ACS LGBTQ in-service training requirements
If you have any questions, please contact Lindsey Hennawi ’17, Family Permanency Coordinator, at [email protected] or call 646.358.1703.