The Office of Career Services and Leadership Management would like to extend a warm welcome to our new class of students! We look forward to working with you and supporting your career journey throughout your time at CSSW and thereafter.
See below for information regarding appointment scheduling and other resources that will be further discussed at our Career Workshop on Thursday, January 16 at 2:00 pm in Room C06.
Career Connect / Appointments
- Career Connect is your go-to career management tool that you can use to schedule appointments, explore opportunities, and access various career resources. Please bookmark the link for future use: https://candidate.gradleaders.com/ColumbiaSW/Candidates/Login.aspx?pid=3455.
- You will receive access to the system later this week via a welcome email titled “Welcome to Career Connect” that will be sent to your Columbia email. Instructions on how to set up your account will be included.
- To schedule an appointment, go to Advising > General Advising > Add Appointment, and choose a time that’s convenient for you. Appointments are available in person, by phone, and via Zoom (virtual meeting).
- “Drop-in” appointments will also be available on select Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays, from 1:00 to 2:00 pm in Rooms 525/526. During these hours, you can be seen on a first-come, first-served basis without pre-scheduling for brief 10 to 15-minute meetings. Make sure to check our weekly enews regularly for the latest schedule.
All upcoming events and activities will be posted in Career Connect in the Events section. They will also be announced via email and in our enews.
- Company Events are primarily employer-related activities (e.g. recruitment sessions).
- Workshops include career and professional development training as well as talks and panels with alumni and other professionals in the field.
Most CSSW-based events will take place Tuesdays through Thursdays during the afternoon breaks. Please make sure to register for each event directly using Career Connect or the links provided within the system. This will allow the career team to anticipate how many to expect and plan accordingly with employer, alumni, and other guest speakers.
If you have any questions about any of the above, please email email@example.com. Once again, welcome!
See the full agenda here.
Space is limited. Please RSVP to Blas Martin De La Cruz by October 3 at firstname.lastname@example.org.
By maintaining curiosity and a growth mindset, you can be better equipped to:
- adapt to changing environments
- think creatively about how to approach challenges; and
- foster relationship-building, collaboration, and growth
These attributes are invaluable whether you are a student-intern starting out in the field or seasoned professional leading an organization.
Read more about the power of learning-focused leadership and how you can implement it in your day-to-day work in this Chief Learning Officer article.
***Please note that CSSW will close at 3:00 pm on Wednesday, July 3rd.***