From the NYC Mayor’s Office for People with Disabilities:
Free Resume Workshop with Microsoft Word
Daily Sessions from October 21st – 25th
11:00am – 1:00pm
Microsoft Fifth Avenue Store
677 5th Ave, New York, NY 10022
Whether you’re gearing up for college, an internship, or a career after completing higher learning, you need to have a professional resume. This resume workshop will help you learn how to stay organized, and jump start your job search by building your resume with Word.
Each Session Includes:
- Tips for landing your first job
- General Formatting and Page Length
- Targeting your resume
Register for Monday, October 21st at 11:00am
Register for Tuesday, October 22nd at 11:00am
Register for Wednesday, October 23rd at 11:00am
Register for Thursday, October 24th at 11:00am
Register for Friday, October 25th at 11:00am
This series is part of NYC Access and Employment Week (10/21 – 10/25) by Microsoft and the Mayor’s Office for People with Disabilities. For a full schedule of events visit NYC.gov/AccessEmployment
Follow MOPD Online: Website | Facebook | Twitter
55-a Diversity Career Fair
The Mayor’s Office for People with Disabilities invites qualified candidates who have already been screened by NYC: ATWORK to their upcoming recruitment event on Monday, May 20, 2019. This event is a great opportunity to meet with potential employers and to get exposed to the types of jobs offered through NYC: ATWORK.
Employers confirmed to participate include:
- Mayor’s Office of Contract Services (MOCS)
- Department of Buildings (DOB)
- Department of Information Technology & Telecommunications (DOITT)
- Health & Hospital Corporations (HHC)
- Department of Education (DOE)
- Department of Health & Mental Hygiene (DOHMH)
- Administration for Children’s Services (ACS)
- NYC Citywide Administrative Services (DCAS)
- NYC Parks and Recreation
- Office of Emergency Management (OEM)
- Department of Finance (DOF)
You can view full job descriptions and submit resumes for the positions being recruited for by going to www.nyc.gov/nycatworkjobs and enter “Diversity Career Fair” in Search Bar. Additional postings will be added over the next week.
The deadline to submit resumes for consideration is Friday, May 10, 2019.
- The Diversity Career Fair is Invite-Only for those who are qualified for available positions and have been screened by NYC: ATWORK staff
- Candidates must have a documented disability
- Candidates must be eligible for services from ACCES-VR or New York State Commission for the Blind to ensure they can be verified for 55a status
- Resumes must be tailored to the position(s) of interest; click here for tips on how to tailor your resume
If you have any questions, please contact Maricela Brea, Workforce and Intergovernmental Relations Director NYC: ATWORK, via email (email@example.com) or by phone (212-788-6723).