- Conducting a self-assessment of your unique strengths, interests, values, motivators, and goals;
- Creating a job wish list including target organizations and opportunities;
- Preparing your marketing materials (e.g. resume, LinkedIn profile, and pitch);
- Developing your network of contacts in your fields of interest; and
- Setting goalposts to measure your progress
Not sure where to start? Book a career appointment, or take a look at the extensive resources available within the Document Library of Career Connect. Finding an accountability partner with whom you could share your goals, challenges, and successes can also be a great way to stay on track!