Your Columbia Commitment

screen-shot-2017-01-25-at-4-43-33-pmWe welcomed 2017 by toasting the new year at Columbia. After a campaign preview in Low Library, Amelia asked each of us to voice what matters most in our work and in meeting our own and Columbia’s goals. Some of our colleagues shared their commitments below.

Ryan Carmichael, deputy vice president for development
“I am committed to increasing Columbia’s impact in the world by increasing the resources we raise.”

Ryan Hart, executive director of planned giving
“My commitment is to accelerate the growth of 1754 Society membership to increase the proportion of Columbia’s fundraising attributable to Gift Planning strategies, methods, and vehicles.”

Janine Jacquet, associate dean of alumni and development, JRN
“My commitment is to be creative in thinking about how to bring in gifts that will help those committed to creating Just Societies come to Columbia to get the education they need.”

Paul Keenan, senior vice president for University development
“I commit to working with my colleagues across the University to shape an alumni relations and development practice that helps us all feel productive and proud.”

Jane Lowry, assistant dean of alumni & development, JRN
“My Columbia commitment is to work closely with Gift Planning to close more planned gifts at the Journalism School. We are planning on having a session at our Alumni Weekend in April, and the team of gift officers are committed to seeking more planned gifts.”

Donna MacPhee, vice president for alumni relations & president of CAA
“My commitment is to ‘electricity’—to being a vibrant part of our team feeding off each other to generate energy, excitement, and enthusiasm across our Columbia community.”

Jacquelyn Morton, senior philanthropic advisor, Gift Planning
“My commitment is to increase the donations of current loyal donors by encouraging them to consider gift planning opportunities.”

Adeline Ortiz, program coordinator, Gift Strategy
“I am committed to producing top quality work, with the utmost efficiency, and to smile every day!”

Lisa Yeh, senior associate dean, BUS
“I am committed to supporting a collaborative, transparent, working environment that encourages sharing new ideas for alumni and friends engagement and fundraising that recognizes when we think big, we accomplish big!”