For those of you scrambling to get your team together and your ideas organized, we have good news: the deadline for applying to the Innovating Mobile Technology for Development Pitch Competition has been extended to October 20th!
For those of you still searching for teammates, we have set up a Google Doc to facilitate connections!
For those of you who are still hesitating about joining the competition, now is the time to get involved! Why? Glad you asked…
- In 1999 fifty percent of the world’s population had never used a telephone. Now, three quarters of the world has mobile phone access. Mobile phone subscriptions have gone from fewer than one billion in 2000 to over six billion today, five billion of which are in developing countries.
- Across the world people are accessing and transferring money through mobile wallets, receiving information about prices for their agricultural goods and reporting and mapping human rights abuses and corruption. Community health workers are accessing patient records in rural villages and children are receiving an education.
- There are countless ways that mobile phones are changing the planet in the United States and abroad. Do you have an idea that could change the world? We are seeking applications from current university students with innovative ideas that can be applied to mobile phones and help the millions of mobile phones users worldwide.
- You do not need a tech background to apply! A panel of judges will assess ideas based on uniqueness, significance, applicability and scalability. Proposals can be either domestic or international in focus.
- This is an opportunity to explore the mobile space, present to a panel of industry judges, meet others interested in the field and win cash prizes. Build your team! You can either compete alone or with up to 3 other individuals.
- CASH PRIZES: 1st prize is $800, 2nd, $500 and 3rd $350
- The application is simple and only requires an executive summary; you can further develop your idea (upon selection) for the competition on November 2nd.
What are you waiting for? Email us or Tweet #m4dPitchCU with any questions, ideas, excitement, or whatever else you are feeling!