- 2021 Mohamed Ali Foundation Post-Doctoral fellow at the Institute for Middle Eastern and Islamic Studies, Grey College, Durham University, England,
- 2021-1 Institute for Religion, Culture and Public Life Dissertation Fellow at
- 2020-1 Lead Teaching Fellow at the Center for Teaching and Learning, Columbia University, NY.
- 2019-2020 Margrat Abdel-Ahad Pennar fellow in recognition of academic contribution and qualifications, Graduate School of Arts and Sciences (GSAS), Columbia University, NY.
- 2017- Present: Advisory Board Member of the Floating Laboratory of Theory and Action at Sea (FLOATS): An international experimental platform aiming to generate, pluralize and popularize social-scientific knowledge of the seas through research, teaching, public campaigns and community work. November 2017- present.