The History in Action Initiative is pleased to announce the History in Action Project Award (HAPA) for Summer 2015. This project fund is part of the AHA-Mellon Career Diversity Initiative at Columbia University. The HAPA supports graduate students in good standing in the department. The HAPA is designed to enable financial assistance for History graduate students to initiate or sustain a project that contributes directly to the mission of public history – meshing academic research and public outreach – and to create valuable relationships
between the Department of History and communities elsewhere.
The History in Action Project Award:
· Supports graduate students who have/wish to create working relationships with distinct organizations as part of their on-going research activities.
· Ranges from $1000 to $2000, depending on the nature of the project and the duration.
· Is intended for discrete projects over a discrete time-frame (ideally a semester).
Eligibility & Application:
· Be a current graduate student(s) in good standing at any level.
· Submit a 2-page Project Statement including description of the opportunity, research and community outreach highlights, time commitment, and active outcomes.
· Submit a 1-page Budget outline. The budget can include discretionary funds, and/or specific funds towards the project costs.
· Recommendation email/note from faculty/supervisor addressing the viability of the student’s time commitment in view of departmental benchmarks.
All grantees will participate in the History in Action Conference (HIA III), to be held January 21-22, 2016.
Please send materials to [email protected]
Deadline for submission of all materials is April 15, 2015.