Family Caregiving Policies, Programs, and Services: Caring for Older Persons and the Caregivers
Date and Time: Wednesday, June 17th, 2020, 1:00pm-2:30pm
Richard Hara, MSW, PhD, LCSW (Bio)
Jinyu Liu, MSW, PhD Associate Professor (Bio)
Jeanette Takamura, Professor and Dean Emerita, MSW, PhD (Bio)
Family caregivers continue to provide significant long term care support and assistance to older persons who are able to remain in their homes and communities. Policies related to the caregiving needs of both care recipients and family caregivers have been enacted at the national level and in a small number of leading states. These policies and resulting programs have differed in their foci, provisions, and reach. The aims of the webinar are to:
- Describe the contours of COVID19 in relation to the older adult population
- Analyze elder caregiving by families and its challenges in the COVID environment
- Identify federal policies and programs that may be of assistance to elder caregivers in light of COVID
- Identify available services and family caregiver support best practices, with particular attention to mental health needs and services
- Describe one subpopulation of family caregivers in NYC extant policies and programs and the research that has shaped their implementation.
The presenters note the “no wrong door” approach, suggest how access to services can be best secured, and give special attention to mental health and other supportive services, acknowledging the challenges that are faced by caregivers of persons with dementia.
More details and registration: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/108794108106
LIVE WEBINAR w/ Limited Capacity- Please note that this event is open to the public and being recorded for educational and professional development purposes.
FREE ADMISSION W/ OPTIONAL DONATION TO CSSW STUDENT EMERGENCY FUND
- Donations will go to CSSW students facing immediate crises including food insecurity, housing insecurity, or other unexpected COVID-19 related expenses.
- To donate please CLICK HERE
1.5 CE for NYS-, NJ-, and CT- licensed social workers. Other states, please confirm with your licensing board as many other states accept our social work CE.
***Tickets are available until 11:30am on 6/17/2020 OR when capacity is reached***