Truck accidents have been on the rise with 5,000 fatal crashes in 2019 in the US. Whether or not you are involved in a truck accident, it is crucial to know about the compensation that the harmed party would be entitled to for the pain and suffering caused by the truck accident.
An accident with a truck can result in severe harm for the victim and not being able to get the appropriate compensation for those damages can lead to financial loss, too. If you were seriously hurt in a truck or 18-wheeler accident, you are entitled to receive several types of damages.
These include economic and non-economic damages. Claiming damages and getting the appropriate amount can be tricky if done alone. Hiring a trained truck accident lawyer would be a wise decision here.
- Medical Bills: These may include emergency medical care, doctor bills, hospital stays, medications, physical therapy, or any other long-term medical care. Make sure to keep evidence of all the medical costs you incur to get the proper compensation from the truck driver, truck company, or insurance company.
- Lost Wages: If your physical or mental injuries from the truck accident are preventing you from working, then you can also get compensated for the lost wages.
- Property Damage: Collision with a truck can, even at low speed, causes huge damage to the victim’s property. Damage to the vehicle or personal things like watches, jewelry, glasses, electronics comes under property damage.
- Transportation: If you have to incur transportation costs of any kind for going to destinations post the truck accident, for example, traveling to see the doctor, then you can get the compensation for this.
- Legal Fees: Legal fees refer to the fees that you would pay to your truck accident lawyer or other court-related fees.
- Mental Suffering
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Anxiety, depression, panic attacks, or insomnia caused as a result of the truck accident.
If you’re dealing with pain, anxiety, depression, panic attacks, insomnia, or post-traumatic stress disorder following a truck accident, a truck accident lawyer can help you understand your rights under truck accident law, to be compensated for your pain and suffering.
These types of damages are qualitative and calculating their monetary value can be hard for a layman. Calculation of non-economic damages requires proper study and complex calculations. The best solution here is to consult a professional truck accident lawyer who can help you get the deserved amount of compensation for your non-economic damages.
Don’t feel helpless if you have faced an accident with a huge vehicle like a truck. You can get the right to compensation for your losses as there are truck accident lawyers out there who don’t take a fee unless they recover your money, so feel free to consult a truck accident lawyer if you have undergone an accident with a truck and want to get paid for your losses.