The Innovating Mobile Technology for Development pitch competition is this Friday at 2pm! You are all invited to listen to our keynote speaker, hear ignite talks from 6 teams and decisions from a panel of judges. And then interact with all of these people during our post-competition happy hour networking event! We will be posting about the teams, the judges, and the keynote speaker over the next few days. First up, the teams and their ideas!
- Idea: Monster Appetite – Promoting children’s awareness of the food they consume through gameplay – Team: Maria Hwang, Pantiphar Chantes, Grant Tedaldi, Ann Louie R. Lomboy [Teachers College]
- Idea: Our Commons – Empowering citizens in India via collective, mobile auctioning of solutions to common failures in public service provision – Team: Benjamin Dean, Dhwani Bafna [SIPA]
- Idea: mData – integrating mobile data collection with a sustainable social enterprise that employs canvassers to collect information on development indicators – Team: Jesper Frant, Swami Ganesan, Ashish Mehta [SIPA]
- Idea: Mobile Voting – SMS-based voting in developing countries – Team: David Chait, Michael Melmed, Jay Naik [Columbia Business School]
- Idea: MYEGYPT – Using mobile technology to improve Egyptian government transparency and share government information with civil society – Team: Christina Hawatmeh
- Idea: Nzira – Providing Real-time Transportation Tracking to Improve Access to Critical Pharmaceuticals and Medical Products in Sub-Saharan Africa – Team: Allison Lee, Tala Haddad, Violeta Duncan [SIPA / School of Engineering and Applied Sciences / Graduate School of Architecture and Urban Planning]