Academic social media
Peer-reviewed journal articles
13. Charles D. Brummitt, George Barnett, Raissa D’Souza. Coupled catastrophes: sudden shifts cascade and hop among interdependent systems. , November 2015.
12. Charles D. Brummitt, Teruyoshi Kobayashi. Cascades in multiplex financial networks with debts of different seniority. Physical Review E, 91:062813, June 2015.
11. Charles D. Brummitt, Shirshendu Chatterjee, Partha S. Dey, and David Sivakoff. Jigsaw percolation: What social networks can collaboratively solve a puzzle? Annals of Applied Probability 25(4): 2013–2038, 2015.
10. Kyu-Min Lee, Charles D. Brummitt, and Kwang-Il Goh. Threshold cascades with response heterogeneity in multiplex networks. Physical Review E, 90:90.062816, December 2014.
9. Charles D. Brummitt, Rajiv Sethi, and Duncan J. Watts. Inside money, procyclical leverage, and banking catastrophes. PLoS ONE, 9(8):e104219, August 2014.
8. Pierre-André Noël, Charles D. Brummitt, and Raissa M. D’Souza. Bottom-up model of self-organized criticality on networks. Physical Review E, 89:012807, January 2014.
7. Pierre-André Noël, Charles D. Brummitt, and Raissa M. D’Souza. Controlling self-organizing dynamics using models that self-organize. Physical Review Letters, 111(7):078701, August 2013.
- Selected for a Viewpoint, written by Dr. Nuno Araújo
- News article by Philip Ball in Physics World: Physicists get to grips with complex systems
- Summary and speculation about applicability to other systems in Physics Central: Allowing Little Traumas Prevents Major Collapses
6. Charles D. Brummitt, Paul D. H. Hines, Ian Dobson, Cristopher Moore, and Raissa M. D’Souza. Transdisciplinary electric power grid science. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A., 110(30):12159, July 2013.
- Supporting information for readers interested in learning more
5. Charles D. Brummitt and Eric Rowland. Boundary Growth in One-Dimensional Cellular Automata. Complex Systems, 21:85–116, September 2012.
4. Charles D. Brummitt, Kyu-Min Lee, and K-I Goh. Multiplexity-facilitated cascades in networks. Physical Review E, 85:045102(R), April 2012.
3. Charles D. Brummitt, Raissa M. D’Souza, and E. A. Leicht. Suppressing cascades of load in interdependent networks. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A., 109(12):E680–E689, February 2012.
- 2-page author summary
- Media coverage in Slashdot, NetworkWorld/ComputerWorld/PCWorld/InfoWorld/TechWorld/CIO, Ilsussidiario, UC Davis College of Engineering News, Science News, Wired Magazine.
- Simulation code on GitHub
2. Charles D. Brummitt and J. C. Sprott. A search for the simplest chaotic partial differential equation. Physics Letters A, 373(31):2717–2721, July 2009.
1. Charles D. Brummitt, Hannah Delventhal, and Michael Retzlaff. Packard snowflakes on the von Neumann neighborhood. Journal of Cellular Automata, 3(1):57–79, 2008.
1. Raissa M. D’Souza, Charles D. Brummitt, and E. A. Leicht. Modeling Interdependent Networks as Random Graphs: Connectivity and Systemic Risk, chapter 4, pages 73–94. Understanding Complex Systems. Springer, Heidelberg, 2014.