New Student Photo Entry #30

The first three photos today come from Tim Shenk, an incoming MIA student.

Here are three photos from a trip that I took to Nepal in March 2009:

Rambha Maya Khamcha, her husband Yam Bahadur Khamcha and their daughter Janaki at their home near Tansen, Nepal. The couple participates in an HIV-awareness program sponsored by the organization I’ve been working for, Mennonite Central Committee.

cambodia-nepal-122

My visit to Nepal coincided with Holi, the Hindu festival of colors. It is a great event, involving a lot of colored powder. A group of kids playfully attacked our vehicle with powder and water balloons on the road between Kathmandu and Pokhura.

cambodia-nepal-095
Girls break rocks into gravel near Dhading, Nepal. Many families in the area rely on income from crushing and selling gravel, but the girls attend a local school that is trying to prepare them to earn a better living someday.

cambodia-nepal-082
_______________________________________

The following photo comes from Zaynab El Bernoussi from Morocco, an incoming MPA student.

This picture of a view from Cabo Girão was taken by my father last summer while we were in vacation in Madeira. Cabo Girão is the second highest sea cliff in Europe after Hornelen in Norway. I loved Madeira for its wonderful weather and the beauty of the nature there.

madere-052