*Please note that at the moment, RightsViews is prioritizing pieces by staff writers, Columbia students and faculty, and professional experts on human rights topics.*
If you are interested in submitting your work to RightsViews, please email email@example.com. In the body of the email, please include:
- A brief (100-200 word) pitch for an article that is to be written in an engaging, informed, blog style format
- A short explanation of your qualifications and expertise on the topic
- A brief bio about yourself and your human rights interests.
For example: Jane Doe is an M.A. candidate at the Institute for the Study of Human Rights at Columbia University. Her research interests include indigenous rights in settler colonial settings, human rights discourse, and disability rights.
Types of articles we accept:
- Analytical pieces on human rights related topics. These can be condensed versions of academic papers, interviews, or other formats that critically engage with human rights ideas. Pieces should be written in an accessible, engaging style and generally range from 600-1200 words. Please include hyperlink citations within the text.
- Creative takes on human rights issues. Think photo essays, graphic articles, zines, or other visual means of analyzing human rights.
- Well-researched and nuanced opinion pieces on human rights-related issues and current events. 600-800 words.
~ The Editors