Visiting Brussels and Amsterdam

by Alison P. Sherwin, Associate Director, Graduate Legal Studies

Alison (far right) at fair.

In November, I traveled to Brussels, Belgium and Amsterdam, the Netherlands to participate in two Education USA LL.M. Fairs. At the fairs, I met many prospective LL.M. students and got to talk to them about all the wonderful opportunities the Columbia Law School LL.M. Program has to offer! It was so much fun to meet students and young lawyers at different stages in their legal careers and to hear about their plans for future LL.M. study. 

In Brussels, I was lucky to be joined by one of our amazing alumna — Marie de Crane d’Heysselaer ‘18 LL.M. — see the pictures of us talking to a great group of students! You can barely see Marie around the crowds of students waiting to hear about her experiences at CLS!

Alison and Chrysa.

While I was walking to a meeting near the European Union offices in Brussels, I ran into another LL.M. alumna — Chrysa Kechagia ‘19 LL.M. Chrysa, who hails from Greece, is currently interning at the European Union. What a chance meeting!

Amsterdam.

I then traveled to Amsterdam for the next LL.M. Fair. Unfortunately, I don’t have any pictures of the fair itself — but the room was filled with students asking about the Columbia Law School experience and excited to hear about the groundbreaking work of CLS faculty. I was also able to sneak in a visit to the Van Gogh Museum before flying home — what a wonderful way to end my recruiting travels!

To catch GLS abroad, be sure to visit the LL.M. Admissions Events page on the GLS website.