Chrissy Metz Weight Loss: A Hollywood Star’s Triumph Over 100 Pounds

Welcome, everyone! Today, we’re joined by the incredibly talented Chrissy Metz, known for her role on the hit TV show “This Is Us.” Chrissy has recently made headlines not just for her acting but for her personal health journey, having lost over 100 pounds. Chrissy, it’s great to have you here. How are you today?

Chrissy Metz: Thank you so much for having me! I’m doing really well, excited to be here and chat about my journey.

The Wake-Up Call

We’re thrilled to hear your story. Let’s start from the beginning. What prompted you to start this weight loss journey?

Chrissy Metz: Well, it all started with a health scare, actually. I had a panic attack on my 30th birthday, which was a huge wake-up call regarding my health. That event made me realize that I needed to make some serious changes if I wanted to live a healthier life.

That sounds like a really intense moment for you.

Chrissy Metz: Absolutely, it was terrifying. I realized that my body was telling me it couldn’t handle how I was living anymore. That’s when I decided it was time to start making changes, primarily focusing on my health and well-being.

What were the first steps you took on this journey?

Chrissy Metz: The first thing I did was address my eating habits. I knew that diets hadn’t worked for me in the past, so I focused on making gradual changes. I started by walking 20 minutes a day, which was manageable, and I began to change what I ate, focusing on portion control rather than restricting what I ate.

That sounds like a sensible approach. How did these changes impact your life at the start?

Chrissy Metz: It was challenging at first, especially getting used to the new routine and changing my relationship with food. But as I started to see the changes, not just in my weight but in how I felt—more energetic, happier—it became motivating.

Steps and Challenges

As your journey progressed, what were some of the challenges you faced, and how did you overcome them?

Chrissy Metz: Oh, there were many challenges. One of the biggest was staying consistent. There were days I just didn’t feel like walking or days when I wanted to eat things that weren’t part of my plan. I overcame these challenges by reminding myself why I started in the first place and by recognizing that every small choice and every step was part of a much bigger journey.

Inspiration and Advice

Losing 100 pounds is a significant milestone. How long did it take you, and what kept you going?

Chrissy Metz: It took about 18 months to lose the weight. What kept me going was setting small, achievable goals. Instead of focusing on losing 100 pounds, I focused on losing the next five pounds. Also, seeing the positive changes in my health and how I felt really pushed me forward.

How has this journey affected your career, especially given the pressures of Hollywood?

Chrissy Metz: It’s interesting because, as an actress, there’s a lot of pressure to look a certain way. This journey was really about my health, though. I think it’s also given me a platform to talk about body positivity and health at any size, which is really important to me.

Absolutely, and you’re such a role model in that regard. Speaking of role models, who inspired you during this journey?

Chrissy Metz: I’ve always been inspired by people who overcome their struggles and share their real stories. Oprah Winfrey has always been a huge inspiration for me—her openness about her weight struggles and how she handles them is really empowering.

Lastly, what advice would you give to someone starting their own weight loss journey?

Chrissy Metz: Start small and be patient with yourself. It’s not about quick fixes but sustainable changes. Celebrate the small victories because they add up to big successes. And most importantly, do it for yourself and your health, not for anyone else or any societal pressures.

Chrissy, thank you so much for sharing your inspiring story with us today.

Chrissy Metz: Thank you for having me! I hope my story can inspire others to take that first step towards a healthier life.

Thanks to everyone for tuning in, and remember, it’s about the journey, not just the destination.

Chrissy Metz: Absolutely, take care everyone!

Check the video below to learn more about Chrissy Metz’s weight loss story, and be inspired to live a healthier life.