Our Team

To apply to be an officer for AY ’19-20, click here.

Supervising Coordinators

Brittany Wright (SEAS '20) Supervising Coordinator

Brittany Wright (SEAS ’20)                      Supervising Coordinator

I first got involved with Habitat for Humanity when I was in high school. At that time I was involved in the Habitat Club at my school and with the Family Selection Committee for the East Bay and Silicon Valley. Being involved with those two facets of the organization taught me about the affordable housing crisis in California’s Bay Area and the need for more affordable housing throughout the country. I joined Habitat at Columbia to continue to educate myself and, hopefully, other students about these issues and to hopefully be apart of the solution to the affordable housing problems. As Supervising Coordinator, I aspire to grow the Columbia campus chapter in size and reach, as well as expand our partnerships with other clubs on campus and in the neighboring NYC communities with similar missions.

Operational Coordinators

Fundraising

Cat Sposato (CC '21) Fundraising Coordinator Social Media Coordinator

Cat Sposato (CC ’21)                                                        Fundraising Coordinator & Social Media Coordinator

I joined Habitat for Humanity to democratize access to the amazing initiatives and increase our campus’s outreach. On my day to day, I work to promote the wellbeing of first-generation, low-income, and Latinx people everywhere through media advocacy. I also joined Habitat for Humanity to promote this mission through on-the-ground work! I hope to help students on-campus become more educated on the issues related to housing that working with Habitat sheds light on. As Social Media Coordinator, I aspire to grow the Columbia campus chapter’s reach and presence online, as well as spread awareness of our chapter’s engagement with the campus and the New York City community!

Treasury

Mark Goldman (Graduate Student), Treasury Coordinator

I joined Habitat for Humanity because of personal interactions with underprivileged high school students without access to shelter. It is the realization that there is an underserved section of the population that is already vulnerable which drives me to volunteer my time to tackle the issue. As Treasurer and volunteer, I facilitate the logistics of this chapter to help make true results and positive impact an easier goal to reach. Outside of Habitat for Humanity, I am a volunteer football coach and tutor at a local public high school. My interest include engineering and nutrition.

Evaluations

Ivana Moore (CC '21) Evaluations Coordinator & Operations Coordinator

Ivana Moore (CC ’21)                                Evaluations & Operations Coordinator

Hey y’all! My name is Ivana Moore and I am a current junior in Columbia College studying Political Science and Statistics. I joined Habitat for Humanity because of my interest in combining policy and action, especially in the  the lens of the affordable housing crisis in New York City and the overall United States. In my day to day I aim to use data and statistics in order to make better informed decisions about the policies that affect our daily lives. I also am the Secretary of the Black Students’ Organization on campus. Through this position as the Evaluation and Operational Coordinator I hope to organize Habitat to run smoothly by providing administrative knowledge while having fun in the process!

Technology

Nicole van Amerongen (BC '20) Technology Officer

Nicole van Amerongen (BC ’20) Technology Officer

I joined Habitat as a way to fulfill the obligation I feel towards bettering this city! In Habitat I hope to gain a new appreciation for the organization’s mission as a whole. I’m looking forward to forming relationships with others who continuously build better lives for those who need our help! Outside of Habitat, I am a member of Peace by Peace. Peace by Peace is a student-run group which teaches conflict-resolution to kids within the Harlem public school system. I’m also a member of Yavneh, the Jewish Orthodox community at Columbia/Barnard. My other interests include computer-science, volleyball, and yoga!

Gaby Yusupov (BC '21) Technology Officer

Gaby Yusupov (BC ’21)                          Technology Officer

I joined Habitat for Humanity because I want to supplement my education with an opportunity that allows me to make a difference and is visibly impactful. I hope to spend time using my skills and doing that which I enjoy – the web-based and tech side – while being a part of something greater and meaningful. Aside from Habitat for Humanity, I am involved with Columbia Women’s Business Society and Columbia/Barnard Hillel. I also love to do Zumba, bake, and eat sushi!

Community Outreach

Advocacy

Aryn Davis (SEAS '21) Advocacy Coordinator

Aryn Davis (SEAS ’21)                              Advocacy Coordinator

I joined Habitat for Humanity because I believe that safe and secure housing should be afforded to all. I believe in the power of students using institutional resources to give back to the communities that they are in and often harm. And I also believe in the power of education combined with organized action as the primary reason behind most social change. Outside of Habitat, I’m a Board member of the Black Students’ Organization, a Board member of the CU Society of Hip Hop, and an active member of National Society of Black Engineers.

Volunteering

Valentine Gikunda (CC '20) Volunteering & Events Coordinator

Valentine Gikunda (CC ’20)                      Volunteering & Events Coordinator

I joined Habitat for Humanity after learning more about New York’s housing crisis and the role Columbia has in the gentrification of Harlem. I hope that while in this organization I will help make small incremental changes towards affordable housing.

Outside of Habitat I am the Commissioner of Undergraduate Student elections, a member of Columbia’s Black student organization and Charles Drew Pre-medical society.