My current research focuses on race and immigration, particularly the experiences of second-generation children of immigrants in the United States.
My coauthored paper with Van Tran and Jennifer Lee has been covered by news outlets including Marketplace, Inside Higher Ed, KPCC, and Phys.org. I also discuss our research with InHerSight and the Columbia University GSAS blog.
- Huang, Tiffany J. Forthcoming. “Perceived Discrimination and Intergroup Commonality Among Asian Americans.” RSF: The Russell Sage Foundation Journal of the Social Sciences.
- Huang, Tiffany J. 2020. “Negotiating the workplace: second-generation Asian American professionals’ early experiences.” Journal of Ethnic and Migration Studies.
- Tran, Van C., Fei Guo and Tiffany J. Huang. 2020. “The Integration Paradox: Asian Immigrants in Australia and in the United States.” The ANNALS of the American Academy of Political and Social Science, 690(1):36-60.
- Tran, Van C., Jennifer Lee, and Tiffany J. Huang. 2019. “Revisiting the Asian Second-Generation Advantage.” Ethnic and Racial Studies 42(13): 2248-2269.
- Huang, Tiffany J. and Estela Diaz. Forthcoming. Review of “Hyper Education: Why Good Schools, Good Grades, and Good Behavior Are Not Enough” by Pawan Dhingra in Social Forces.
- Huang, Tiffany J. and Jennifer Lee. 2020. Review of “Origins and Destinations: The Making of the Second Generation” by Renee Luthra, Roger David Waldinger, and Thomas Soehl in Contemporary Sociology 49(2):184-186.
- Huang, Tiffany J. and Jennifer Lee. 2019. Review of “Raising Global Families: Parenting, Immigration, and Class in Taiwan and the US” by Pei-Chia Lan in Social Forces 97(4): e1-e3.
Public Health publications
- Laymon, Barbara, Reena Chudgar, Tiffany J. Huang, Mukti Kulkarni, Peter Holtgrave, and Kathleen Gore. 2020.”Partnering on the Social Determinants of Health With the Community Health Improvement Matrix.” Journal of Public Health Management and Practice.
- Jarman, Holly, Sarah Rozenblum, and Tiffany J. Huang. 2020. “Neither protective nor harmonized: the crossborder regulation of medical devices in the EU.” Health Economics, Policy, and Law.
- Huang, Tiffany J., Bridget Kerner, and Sandra Whitehead. 2018. “Navigating Degrees of Collaboration: A Proposed Framework for Identifying and Implementing Health in All Policies.” Journal of Environmental Health 81(4):22-28.