My current research focuses on race and immigration, particularly the experiences of second-generation children of immigrants in the United States.
My coauthored paper with Van Tran and Jennifer Lee has been covered by news outlets including Inside Higher Ed, KPCC, and Phys.org. I also discuss our research with InHerSight and the Columbia University GSAS blog.
- Huang, Tiffany J. Forthcoming. “Perceived Discrimination and Intergroup Commonality Among Asian Americans.” RSF: The Russell Sage Foundation Journal of the Social Sciences.
- Tiffany J. Huang. 2020. “Negotiating the workplace: second-generation Asian American professionals’ early experiences.” Journal of Ethnic and Migration Studies.
- Tran, Van C., Fei Guo and Tiffany J. Huang. 2020. “The Integration Paradox: Asian Immigrants in Australia and in the United States.” The ANNALS of the American Academy of Political and Social Science, 690(1):36-60.
- Tran, Van C., Jennifer Lee, and Tiffany J. Huang. 2019. “Revisiting the Asian Second-Generation Advantage.” Ethnic and Racial Studies 42(13): 2248-2269.
- Huang, Tiffany J. and Jennifer Lee. 2020. Review of “Origins and Destinations: The Making of the Second Generation” by Renee Luthra, Roger David Waldinger, and Thomas Soehl in Contemporary Sociology 49(2):184-186.
- Huang, Tiffany J. and Jennifer Lee. 2019. Review of “Raising Global Families: Parenting, Immigration, and Class in Taiwan and the US” by Pei-Chia Lan in Social Forces 97(4): e1-e3.
Public Health publications
- Jarman, Holly, Sarah Rozenblum, and Tiffany Huang. 2020. “Neither protective nor harmonized: the crossborder regulation of medical devices in the EU.” Health Economics, Policy, and Law.
- Huang, Tiffany J., Bridget Kerner, and Sandra Whitehead. 2018. “Navigating Degrees of Collaboration: A Proposed Framework for Identifying and Implementing Health in All Policies.” Journal of Environmental Health 81(4):22-28.