Anne Bozack is a Ph.D. candidate in Columbia University’s Department of Environmental Health Sciences. She holds an M.P.H. in Sociomedical Sciences from Columbia University and B.A. degrees in Environmental Science and Architecture from the University of California, Berkeley. Bozack currently works in Dr. Mary Gamble’s lab, which focuses on nutritional influences on arsenic toxicity in Bangladesh. Dr. Gamble’s group has recently completed the Folic Acid and Creatine Trial (FACT), which has the primary goal to lower blood arsenic concentrations by enhancing arsenic methylation in a Bangladeshi population that is chronically exposed to arsenic-contaminated drinking water. She was awarded a 2017 KC Donnelly externship to conduct research at the Oregon State University SRP Center, under the guidance of Dr. Molly Kile. Her externship focused on statistical approaches to analyze mediation of the association between arsenic exposure and birth outcomes by DNA methylation in a cohort in Bangladesh.
- Bozack AK, Hall MN, Liu X, Ilievski V, Lomax-Luu AM, Parvez F, Siddique AB, Shahriar H, Uddin MN, Islam T, Graziano JH, Gamble MV. (2018). Folic acid supplementation enhances arsenic methylation: results from a folic acid and creatine supplementation randomized controlled trial in Bangladesh. Am J Clin Nutr. In press.
- Bozack AK, Cardenas A, Quamruzzaman Q, Rahman M, Mostofa G, Christiani DC, Kile ML. (2018). DNA methylation in cord blood as mediator of the association between prenatal arsenic exposure and gestational age. Epigenetics, 13(9):923-940.
- Bozack AK,* Saxena R,* Gamble MV. (2018). Nutritional Influences on One-Carbon Metabolism: Effects on Arsenic Methylation and Toxicity. Ann Rev Nutr, 21(38):401-429. * These authors contributed equally.
- Bozack AK, Cardenas A, Christiani DC, Kile ML. (2018). Addressing multicollinearity in epidemiological studies: Characterizing multiple environmental exposures and assessing mediation by DNA methylation. Oral presentation at the NIEHS Superfund Research Program Annual Meeting.
- Bozack AK, Cardenas A, Houseman EA, Christiani DC, Mostofa G, Quamruzzaman Q, Rahman M, Kile ML. (2018). Effect of in utero arsenic exposure on infant birth outcomes: mediation of DNA methylation of cord blood. Oral presentation at the ISES-ISEE Joint Annual Meeting.
- Bozack AK, Hall M, Liu X, Ilievski V, Lomax-Luu A, Parvez F, Siddique A, Shahriar H, Uddin M, Islam T, Graziano J, Gamble M. (2017). Results from a folic acid and creatine supplementation trial in Bangladesh: Differences in treatment effect on arsenic methylation, blood arsenic, and homocysteine by baseline choline and betaine status. Oral presentation at the 11th International Conference on Homocysteine and One-Carbon Metabolism.