The New York City Price of Life Invitational is a fall 2013 campaign uniting 75+ diverse organizations to fight human trafficking around the corner and around the world.
Columbia University InterVarsity is a part of this collaboration and we need your help!
The vision of Price of Life Invitational is to broaden the coalition of New York City organizations and individuals who are actively seeking to establish justice in the arena of human trafficking, forward the conversation and stimulate new ideas about how to fight human trafficking in New York City and around the world, clarify the connection between faith, spirituality, and justice and help people work to establish freedom and flourishing of victims of modern day slavery, and establish new networks of abolitionists on New York City college campuses.
- Develop 600 NYC students to lead the way in impacting their campuses & the world
- Mobilize 10,000 advocates around the issue of human trafficking, while sharing the freedom and hope Jesus offers in fighting this evil
- Inform 50,000 people about human trafficking
- Raise $150,000 to support anti-human trafficking work around the corner and around the world
How will we do this?
- A week of 80 events on 10+ NYC campuses from October 1-12, 2013.
- City-wide “Pillar” events focused on how human trafficking can be addressed through major pillars of society, including law, medicine, business, politics, and education.
- 30 interactive art exhibits where students can engage in discussion about human trafficking and how the teaching of Jesus are relevant to the issue.
- Lead-up events such as trainings, discussions, service opportunities, and prayer gatherings.
- A Freedom Festival at NYC’s beautiful and recently renovated City Center, including performances, an expo, and a finale show.
- Follow-up to help students engage with human trafficking beyond their campus and beyond the Price of Life.
For more information, check out the Price of Life NYC website.