Archives & Special Collections is pleased to announce a new exhibit, Selections from the Steinhardt Instrument Collection, now on display in the Augustus C. Long Health Sciences Library’s Knowledge Center on the lobby level of the Hammer Building.
The exhibit highlights about twenty surgical and obstetrical instruments that were once owned by Irving David Steinhardt, P&S 1906. Included are an obstetrical forceps, pelvimetry calipers, trephine, bone chisels, rake retractors, a uterine sound, and a tenaculum.
Irving David Steinhardt (1878-1942), the son of German immigrants, graduated from the College of Physicians & Surgeons in 1906. While maintaining a practice on West 78th Street in Manhattan, he also held several medical school and hospital appointments. Read More→