The job search process can be a challenge for any student, but particularly if you are an international graduate student seeking opportunities outside of academia. With restrictions outside your control, planning early and being strategic in the search process is imperative. Take a look at these tips from Inside Higher Ed to start.
Where ever you are in your career stage, keep in mind that the process begins with you — knowing what drives you, what you excel at, and what options you have. To further explore your skills, interests, and goals, make an appointment with us via Career Connect. To learn more about your employment options based on your status, meet with an advisor from the International Students and Scholars Office (ISSO). ISSO also offers useful information on their site on employment as well as workshops throughout the year. Make sure to review their newsletters so you don’t miss their events!
Thursday, October 3, 2019 – 8:30 am to 5:30 pm
Columbia University Lerner Hall
The iRelaunch Return to Work Conference is a day of intensive education and networking that will give you the strategy, tools, confidence and connections to help you return to work.
This Conference is for anyone who has the desire to get back to work regardless of your industry or field, the length of your career break, or the reason for your break (child or elder care, health issues, pursuit of a personal interest, etc.).
You Can Expect:
- Special presentations on strategies, resumes, interviews and networking
- Employers offering job search advice for Relaunchers
- Recruiters who want to meet YOU
- Career specialists sharing information about their services for Relaunchers
- Hundreds of experienced, educated Relaunchers just like you!
- A judgment-free zone where employers and peers are NOT concerned about your career gap!
You Will Learn:
- Top strategies to guide you through your relaunch
- How to leverage social media for your job search
- Ways to identify your transferable skills and consider new careers based on them
- How to build your personal “elevator pitch”
- What other programs and career services are available for Relaunchers
You Will Have Opportunities To:
- Ask recruiters anything you’ve ever wanted to know about the job search process
- Network with recruiters from our employer sponsors
- Hear inspirational return-to-work success stories that will invigorate your job search
You Will Leave With:
- The beginnings of a personalized, step-by-step return to work plan
- Connections with employers interested in hiring Relaunchers
- Knowledge of the top strategies for your relaunch
- A network of peers seeking to re-enter the workforce
- Confidence, energy and optimism!
And much more!
Additional details can be found in the links below.