Exclusive event for graduating students and alumni from Columbia School of Social Work and other member schools.
Registration details to be shared at a later date.
The District of Columbia Child and Family Services Agency (CFSA) is hosting a “Be The Change” Career and Internship Fair for master’s level licensed and seasoned social workers, recent graduates, and interns who are passionate about keeping children safe, supporting families, and driving positive change in the District of Columbia.
Wednesday, October 30, 2019
9:00 AM – 1:00 PM
200 I Street SE, Washington, D.C. 20003
1st Floor Multipurpose, Room 1001
This is a great opportunity to connect with recruiters from Child Protective Services, Permanency, Office of Youth Empowerment, In-Home, and Kinship about employment opportunities with their administrations.
The Career Fair will include:
- Meeting with Agency Director Brenda Donald
- Question and Answer Panel Discussion
- The Day in the Life of A Social Worker
- Health and Wellness Activities & Giveaways
- On the spot interviews
Light refreshments will be reserved.
There is limited space. Register today! (It’s FREE!)
The deadline for registration is Friday, October 25 or when the event capacity is reached.
To schedule your “on the spot interview”, click here. Attendees are asked to dress professionally and to bring copies of their résumés and current licensure to the event.
This location is metro accessible / Navy Yard.
- Licensed Professional Social Worker (LMSW, LCSW) – Full-time, Part-time
- Licensed Therapist (LMFT, LMHC) – Full-time, Part-time
- Social Work Supervisor – Full-time
- Program Manager – Full-time
- Mental Health Specialist II – Full-time
- Care Manager – Full-time
They will be hiring for the following locations
- All locations in the surrounding area of the event location
- Master’s degree in Social Work and current registration to practice as a Licensed Social Worker.
- Minimum of one year as a social service, mental health and/or substance abuse service provider
- Bilingual skills may be required, as determined by operational needs.
- (Mental Health Specialist II role) Master’s Degree Counseling, or related degree required.
- Minimum one year of social work experience in a mental health or social service setting.
- (Care Manager role) Bachelor’s degree in a human services or related field required
How to prepare
Completing our online application prior to the event is strongly encouraged and will speed up the process. Please bring Resume and one form of a photo ID. with you to the event.
What to wear
Dress code is Business casual (dress pants/skirt, button down/blouse, optional tie).
How to get to the event
220 East 42 Street is located between 2nd and 3rd Avenues (near Grand Central Station). It is the former Daily News Building. There is a very large world globe in the lobby. Bring a photo ID to provide to lobby security in order to obtain a guest pass.
About Visiting Nurse Service of New York
For generations, New Yorkers have relied on the Visiting Nurse Service of New York for home care. Throughout their history, VNSNY has responded with vision and purpose on behalf of those who need their care. Their founder, Lillian Wald, was guided by her steadfast belief that the health and well-being of her patients and their families depended on the connections forged in healthy communities.
Today, VNSNY remains committed to its mission to improve the health and well-being of people through high-quality, cost effective healthcare in the home and community. Their offerings encompass preventive health measures, chronic disease management, and care coordination, so that individuals who require care—those who are recovering, disabled, chronically ill, or in need of assistance that cannot be provided by friends or family members—can remain in their homes and communities, safely and independently.
Their community of professionals work in a collaborative culture powered by a spirited passion for the work they do.
- Snacks and refreshments
- Meet and speak with VNSNY Social Workers
- Hiring Managers
- Social Work Managers
- Recruitment and Benefits Specialists
What is a Hiring Event?
Think of it like a job fair, but for one company and more personal. Hiring events are a great way for employers to fill multiple roles quickly. Hiring is a human process, and they would like to meet you to see if you’re a fit!