Want to learn about organizations seeking to hire you for full-time opportunities? We have a number of employers visiting our campus over the next several weeks starting February 11 on Tuesdays from 1:00 to 1:50 PM.
Take advantage of these events to connect with representatives, gain insight into what they’re looking for in candidates, and enhance your chances of landing a job! Below is the schedule for February. Alumni are also welcome.
- Visiting Nurse Service of New York – February 11
- Center for Family Representation – February 18
- Mental Health Providers of Western Queens – February 25
See a full list of confirmed employers here.
Here are a few ways to make the most of the events and stand out from the crowd:
- Research the organization beforehand to get a sense of their services, impact, and the communities they serve
- Prepare an elevator pitch and ensure that you arrive on time to make a good first impression
- Ask thoughtful questions that demonstrate your knowledge, interest, and curiosity to learn more about their organization, values, and culture
- Inquire about opportunities for growth, training, and professional development, as well as transferable skills they value, especially if you are a career changer or don’t yet meet certain requirements
- Collect business cards, so you can follow up to personally thank them (BONUS: Reference something you learned from the session to make yourself even more memorable!)